- 1 box instant mashed potatoes
- 4 pounds of hamburger
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Brown the hamburger. Add the chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently. In a second small skillet over medium heat, cook the butter and flour together for 2 minutes. Whisk the broth and Worcestershire sauce into the butter flour mixture. Thicken this gravy for 1 minute. Add the gravy to the meat mixture. Stir in peas.
- While the meat and vegetables are cooking, prepare the entire package of the mashed potatoes.
- Pour the meat and vegetable mixture into a casserole dish. Spoon the potatoes evenly over the meat. Broil the casserole 6 to 8 inches from the heat until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bring to church